- 07-Feb-2017 to 08-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Brentwood, TN, USA
- Full Time
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Center of Excellence
Warner Music's new center of excellence for Shared Services, opening in 2017, will be home to the financial, legal and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our US Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The Nashville center will embody the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Finance Department will be responsible for managing all the center's accounting and cash management functions. As a critical component of the Finance department, the Order to Cash team will be responsible for measuring and monitoring financial risk related to the extension of credit terms as well as the timely recovery and optimizing efficiency related to incoming cash (receivables).
High Level Job Description:
The Analyst for Credit and Collections will analyze new and existing customer accounts, assess financial condition and recommend appropriate credit lines. Proactively work to minimize bad debt risk and maximize accounts receivable collections. The analyst will assist with order management as it relates to credit exposure and reconcile customer statements/billings. The analyst will also communicate and educate both internal and external customers on the organizations policies and procedures.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Assess customer credit risk and assignment of customer credit lines
- Assess and analyze financial statements (10Q/10K Filings)
- Provide financial order management support to supply chain and sales personnel to control credit exposure, affect timely payment, and minimize and resolve customer disputes
- Lead and conduct customer collection calls and maintain diligent notes related to collection activities
- Maintain accurate credit and collection files and perform monthly portfolio analysis
- Support cross-functional teams (i.e. Cash Applications) and provide guidance to off-shore BPO (Infosys)
- Participate in departmental projects as required
- Ability to analyze liquidity, efficiency, and profitability of financial statements and to articulate findings in a formal credit evaluation format
- Effectively secure prompt payment from customers while employing commercial sensitivity, business acumen, and good judgment with supporting justification and rationale
- Effective business writing and communication skills
- Self-motivator requiring minimal management oversight
- Requires 1+ years' experience in commercial credit and collections. Including performing/preparing reconciliation's, dispute resolution, and high volume customer contact
- 1+ years' experience using an enterprise finance solution (SAP/Oracle preferred)
- Previous experience in the media/entertainment industry a plus
- BS degree in accounting/business/finance or related field highly recommended
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright 2015 Warner Music Inc.