- 31-Jan-2017 to 01-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Full Time
With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Center of Excellence
Warner Music's new center of excellence for Shared Services, opening in 2017, will be home to the financial, legal and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our US Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The Nashville center will embody the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Finance Department will be responsible for managing all the center's accounting and cash management functions. As a critical component of the Finance department, the Accounting Operations Group will provide accounting services and support to WMG's US record labels and businesses.
High Level Job Description
The Accountant of Accounting Operations is responsible for assisting the direct supervisor with the monthly close processes and various tasks related to the financial statements for the business unit(s).
Detailed Job Description
- Perform tasks and analyses required for monthly/quarterly financial reporting for US business units
- Perform tasks as part of the monthly close process, including preparing or posting journal entries, monitoring sub-ledger interfaces, and ensuring the timely analysis, preparation, and submission of close-related deliverables
- Perform accounting and financial analyses related to Label artist and copyright royalty expense, including ensuring related royalty assets and liabilities are presented in accordance with GAAP
- Exercise analytical skills in performing responsibilities and preparing deliverables
- Ensure compliance with SOX requirements
- Assist with preparing internal and external audit documentation
- Assist 3rd party processing of Sales & Use tax filings and payments
- Maintain strong relationships with finance personnel of domestic and international affiliates/business units as well as other divisions within WMG
- Perform ad-hoc tasks and special projects as required by management and/or the Division
- Assist with Artist and Copyright Ledger monthly functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, with preferred experience in SAP and Hyperion
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with Label Finance, Corporate Finance, and other internal/external parties
- Detail oriented and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Possess strong analytical skills in reviewing accounting transactions
- Knowledge of Oracle, Hyperion/HFM, SAP, and Access database a plus
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance, CPA a plus
- 1-3 years of experience with a Big 4 CPA firm in auditing and/or entertainment industry experience
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.